You’ve probably heard that your website needs search engine optimization, otherwise known as SEO. This article will show you how to choose an SEO agency by providing you with a few facts and questions to ask. As a business owner or digital marketing guru, you’ve definitely received SPAM emails regarding SEO.
1. Never trust an agency that guarantees a first page ranking. We never guarantee ranking positions, as we do not own the major search engines. I can, however, guarantee driving meaningful traffic to your website.
2. Is the agency qualified? Who are their existing clients? Too many companies have been disappointed by unqualified SEO agencies who charge way too much!
3. Ask for case studies. This is the most important point in choosing an SEO agency. How will the agency prove their results? Can the agency show you success in the same industry as your business?
4. Make sure they understand organic search traffic is the most valuable traffic a website can garner. They should mention how they will track organic conversions effectively.
5. Does the agency provide other digital services? When an agency takes on your website, you are handing them the keys to the car. Make sure they have experience in other digital areas. Great agencies will offer recommendations on how to supplement your SEO strategy to maximize results. If they don’t make recommendations, your campaign may plateau.
Overall, a process on how to choose an SEO agency can feel like a marriage. Hopefully this article provided a few tips and directions that will enable you to choose the best partnership. You don’t need to be an expert to choose a great agency. Just remember, the best SEO agencies won’t throw out vague promises and unrealistic statistics.